Poverty, the perceived root cause of every problem in the society, has no doubts worse affects on human life.
Poverty not only destroys human beings physically but also morally. A poor can’t live with dignity, it eats its moral, social and culture values etc. Keeping in view of these facts, In October 1999 SACHET initiated its Poverty Alleviation & Income Generation program with the vision “ Economic and Social Empowerment of the disadvantaged with Gender perspectives ”as a support program by initiating Women Vision project in collaboration with Hawwa Women Associates in Islamabad.
SACHET Vocational Training Project
Training being a catalyst in the development and promotion of human, SACHET started by establishing Vocational Training Centers in 1999 and 2000 at Shahdra, Banigala, Pathargarh and Pinyali exclusively for women and girls. At these centers community women get three to six months months training of sewing cutting, stitching and preparation of decoration items along with marketing and management skills. During 2005 to 2007, SACHET established another twelve (12) vocational centers in Chakwal District and five (5) centers in District Mansehra. Currently we have three (03) permanent skill development centers at Pinyali, Gagri (District Rawalpindi and Islamabad) & Pathargarh (District Attock). SACHETS also arrange specialized training of art and craft products on a regular basis. These training not only enhance the existing skills of a person but also provide an opportunity to learn new skills.
Till June 2015 a total number of 5,877 students received art and craft Training at our Vocational Centers.
SACHET Beautician Training Project
SACHET Gallery promotes the indigenous art and craft of emerging and mid career artists/artisans from all parts of Pakistan. Another uniqueness of the Gallery is that it periodically showcases the struggle of citizens sector through diverse media and artistic expressions. Since health is the main focus of SACHET, therefore Gallery offers an exclusive platform for organizations in public and private sector to display health communication material.
SACHET Gallery consists of a well equipped and appropriately designed exhibition hall with an auditorium loaded with state of the art equipment for audiovisual portfolio presentations.
Events at Gallery:
• Screening of videos on social and political economy issues.
• Panel discussions on art, society and emerging development issues.
• Special evenings with unsung heroes as well as movers and shakers in the areas of art, literature, music, human rights and social activism.
So far the gallery has introduced and promoted more than 100(both males and females) artists/artisans across Pakistan.
Shop for a Cause
A unique concept shop aims to empower economically and socially, skilled but disadvantaged people specially women/girls and that too the victims and survivors of different forms of violence.
Shop for a Cause strategically operates towards building motivation among the sufferers and victims to change their position and condition. The critical target is to exclude the middle man, thus paving their way towards economic independence.
Shop for a Cause offers a marketing and sales outlet for the home grown thus exclusive products by the home based workers (women & men) in the capital city of Islamabad. Everyone can become a member/consignor r if he/she has talent to produce a product then he/she is welcome to bring that Products to SACHET “Shop for Cause” for sale.
A proper agreement is signed. SACHET retains 20% (10% only if the skilled one is a special person) and remaining 80 or 90% as the case may be is paid to the consignor through a crossed cheque.
Proceeds from the sales of goods at the shop are utilized for buying medicines for SACHET Free clinics.
Handmade paper bags are the branded products of Shop for a Cause, which are made by the skilled women at SACHET Crafts centers in rural areas. Another unique feature of the Shop includes traditional but fading art work, embroideries and stitches of all kind made by the women from earthquake affected areas of NWFP, Hunza, Chitral, Sindh,Punjab & Baluchistan.