Under livelihood and training program, SACHET-Pakistan started different skill development training courses for girls of Punjab with the support of Punjab Skill Development Fund. There were two batches of 3 months each starting from January 01, 2017 and ending on June 30, 2017.
Over 300 women successfully completed TEVTA approved skill development training in following trades at SACHET Training Centers located at Japan Road Gagri, Kahuta Road Pinyali and F-8 Markaz Islamabad.
• Textile Sales and Marketing
• Fabric Quality Inspector
• Domestic Tailoring
• Fabric Cutting Expert
The overall objective of the project was to provide skills development training to unemployed women and girls and empower them to earn livelihood for themselves. These courses were part of Punjab government’s comprehensive program to train as many as 2,000 women in different skills in just three months. This female-focused training was provided in the rural and far-flung areas of the Punjab province with an aim to assist domestic women to earn livelihood in a respectable manner. The training courses were free of cost along with stipend of Rs.1500 per month for each student. Furthermore, SACHET Pakistan facilitated students by providing free of cost uniforms, bags, training material, pick and drop facility and refreshment during the training.
• Trained more than 360 girls in different skills like fabric cutting, domestic tailoring, textile sales and marketing and Fabric quality inspection.
• Placement of trainees at relevant employers.
• Developed a Craft App: The data base of the trained persons has been maintained by PSDF and SACHET-Pakistan itself and shared with different employers’ online e-g. SNP Global.
• On successful completion of training course, students were awarded Certificates from Punjab Board of Technical Education.
Project Launching Ceremony at SACHET Training Center Gagri
20th December 2016
A project launching ceremony of Women Focused Trainings SFPGS-2016 was held at Japan Road Gagri on 20th December 2016. In this ceremony women & girls from local communities were specially invited to get absolutely free registration in different trades. Religious personalities, political leaders, influential personalities and social activists from targeted areas were also invited to motivate the students for admission in these courses.
Project Launching Ceremony at SACHET Training Center Pinyali
27th December 2016
A project launching ceremony of Women Focused Trainings SFPGS-2016 was held at SCDP Pinyali, on December 27, 2016. On the day of launching ceremony, students welcomed the courses and showed their profound interest for admission. They were excited and enthusiastic to get enrolled for these trainings
In view of increasing demand for lab facilities, SACHET-Pakistan in collaboration with Islamabad Diagnostic Center has started state of the art lab test collection centres at its Health Centers located at Kahuta Road, Pinyali and Japan Road, Gagri.
SACHET-Pakistan in collaboration with Punjab Skill Development Fund (PSDF) is going to start a unique project in district Khanewal where 175 females will be linked with market after training in Adda Work Skill. The classes will start from February 01, 2018 in three Tehsils of District Khanewal namely; Mian Channu, Jahanian and Khanewal. Interested candidates who wish to make their career in Adda Work and market linkage are encouraged to apply.
SACHET’s 17th Annual progress Report for the Year 2015 has been published during the month of July 2016. The report is available online for viewing and download. Hard copy of the report can also be obtained from the Head Office, F-8 Markaz Islamabad.
Click here to download the report or go to the Publications Section on this website.
Anti Measles Campaign concluded in ICT, 12000 children received vaccination.
In January 2015, SACHET joined hands with Directorate of Health Services (DHS) CDA Islamabad to form a consortium as a public private partnership with an objective to initiate universal health coverage program as a part of its health equity model for the inhabitants of Islamabad Capital Territory. SACHET deputed 12 skilled vaccinators for the Anti-Measles Campaign in Islamabad Capital Territory and 12,000 children were vaccinated till Feb 2015 in the localities of Bari Imam, Rawal dam, Rawal Town, Staff colonies of PM House, KPK House, Punjab House, Sindh House and Wapda House.
Inauguration ceremony of Computer Training Centre for Girls held at SCDP Pathargarh District Attock.
On May 30, 2015, SACHET inaugurated another Computer Training and Literacy Centre especially for girls at SCDP Pathargarh, Hasanabdal District Attock. The Centre is fully equipped with 10 workstations and headed by a female computer instructor. It was established with the financial support from Mr. Saad Ali Khan (Rockville Group). First group of 15 girls were enrolled for three months basic course.
Community event organized at SACHET Community Development Program Pinyali, Kahuta to celebrate active citizen program of British Council.
A community event was organized by SACHET at SCDP Pinyali, Kahuta on March 30, 2015 in collaboration with British Council under Active Citizen Program. Around 200 individuals including trainees of active citizen program, political leaders, community Influentials, religious leaders, government representatives, parents and teachers participated in the event.
The said event was the last activity conducted under the agreed term of reference signed with British Council. So far SACHET has successfully completed all 10 agreed workshops and two community events. In these workshops around 263 (122 boys, 144 girls) received 5 days extensive training on Active Citizen Program in three districts i.e. Rawalpindi, Islamabad and Attock. The trained activists have developed and implemented around 26 SAPs (Social Action Projects) in these three districts.
- Community event highlights:
A total number of 100 trained youngsters (60 Boys and 40 Girls) participated in the community event on March 30, 2015 at SACHET Community Development Program Unit Office, Pinyali, Tehsil Kahuta, and Rawalpindi District.
- A total number of 100 community members including political leaders, social activists, teachers, religious leaders, Govt. representatives participated in the event.
- 16 SAPs (Social Action Projects) were showcased and presented by different groups out of total 26 SAPs.
- The event was facilitated and organized by team of SACHET including Mr. Hamid Zaman, Lead Facilitator along with Co-Facilitators Ms. Shahnila Zaman, Mr. Muddasir Rehman and Ms. Uzma Baig. The facilitators have done a tremendous job in successfully conducting workshops and provided mentorship to the youth groups during post workshop period.
- Raja Sagheer Ahmed was invited as chief guest along with prominent religious scholar Pir Syed Shabir Hussain Shah, Kahutta and Mr. Shahid Malik, Chairman Zakat Committee, Kahuta, Raja Amir Mazhar, Advocate (Member District Council Rawalpindi) other community elders, parents and teachers.
- The event was highly appreciated by the guests and participants and extended their gratitude for the initiative of Active Citizen Program of British Council through SACHET Pakistan.
- SACHET Pakistan is among one of the partners of British Council to implement Active Citizen Program in three districts of Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Attock for the year 2014-15