Inauguration ceremony of Computer Training Centre for Girls held at SCDP Pathargarh District Attock.
On May 30, 2015, SACHET inaugurated another Computer Training and Literacy Centre especially for girls at SCDP Pathargarh, Hasanabdal District Attock. The Centre is fully equipped with 10 workstations and headed by a female computer instructor. It was established with the financial support from Mr. Saad Ali Khan (Rockville Group). First group of 15 girls were enrolled for three months basic course.
Community event organized at SACHET Community Development Program Pinyali, Kahuta to celebrate active citizen program of British Council.
A community event was organized by SACHET at SCDP Pinyali, Kahuta on March 30, 2015 in collaboration with British Council under Active Citizen Program. Around 200 individuals including trainees of active citizen program, political leaders, community Influentials, religious leaders, government representatives, parents and teachers participated in the event.
The said event was the last activity conducted under the agreed term of reference signed with British Council. So far SACHET has successfully completed all 10 agreed workshops and two community events. In these workshops around 263 (122 boys, 144 girls) received 5 days extensive training on Active Citizen Program in three districts i.e. Rawalpindi, Islamabad and Attock. The trained activists have developed and implemented around 26 SAPs (Social Action Projects) in these three districts.
- Community event highlights:
A total number of 100 trained youngsters (60 Boys and 40 Girls) participated in the community event on March 30, 2015 at SACHET Community Development Program Unit Office, Pinyali, Tehsil Kahuta, and Rawalpindi District.
- A total number of 100 community members including political leaders, social activists, teachers, religious leaders, Govt. representatives participated in the event.
- 16 SAPs (Social Action Projects) were showcased and presented by different groups out of total 26 SAPs.
- The event was facilitated and organized by team of SACHET including Mr. Hamid Zaman, Lead Facilitator along with Co-Facilitators Ms. Shahnila Zaman, Mr. Muddasir Rehman and Ms. Uzma Baig. The facilitators have done a tremendous job in successfully conducting workshops and provided mentorship to the youth groups during post workshop period.
- Raja Sagheer Ahmed was invited as chief guest along with prominent religious scholar Pir Syed Shabir Hussain Shah, Kahutta and Mr. Shahid Malik, Chairman Zakat Committee, Kahuta, Raja Amir Mazhar, Advocate (Member District Council Rawalpindi) other community elders, parents and teachers.
- The event was highly appreciated by the guests and participants and extended their gratitude for the initiative of Active Citizen Program of British Council through SACHET Pakistan.
- SACHET Pakistan is among one of the partners of British Council to implement Active Citizen Program in three districts of Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Attock for the year 2014-15